- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) black beans
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey cooked and seasoned with 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can of tomato sauce (10 1/2 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt (rolled into 14-16 dough balls)
- 1/2 cup lite cheese blend (I use Trader Joe’s lite three cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add yogurt first, followed and self-rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 10 turns. Roll dough into 14-16 small balls. And Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. And stir until all ingredients are blended together. Then fold in the 14-16 dough balls into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray 9×13 pan.
- Cook for 25-35 min until biscuits are thoroughly cooked.
Top it with the toppings of your choice; fat free sour cream, guacamole or salsa
Servings: 1 cup make 6 servings / 2 smart points per serving