- 1/2 cup self rising flour.
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- egg wash (1 tsp water mixed with a beaten egg)
1.In a large bowl, add yogurt first, followed by self rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal. Meanwhile bring a large pan to a boil with 1tsp salt and 1tsp baking soda and preheat over to 450 degrees.
2. Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 10 turns.
3. Cut the dough into 8 servings. Roll each section a ball.
4. Carefully drop the dough balls into the boiling water using a slotted spoon so it doesn’t break apart. Allow to boil for about 30 seconds the bagel will float to the top. then flip it over using the spatula and boil for another 30 seconds.
5.Remove pretzels and transfer to a parchment lined cookie tray. Using a basting brush lightly spread the egg wash over the bagel then sprinkle with seasoning of choice. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes (give or take) until golden brown. You may want to broil them to get them a little crispy.
Servings: Makes 8 pretzel bites for 5 Freestyle SmartPoints®
💥I recommend dipping them in 2 tbsp Tostitos chesse dip for smart points.