- 1 cup self-rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 3/4- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- Egg wash (1 tsp water mixed with a beaten egg)
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, add yogurt first, followed by a dash of salt and self rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 20-30 turns.
- Cut the dough into 4 sections. Roll each section of dough into a long rope about 1/2-3/4″ in diameter. Pinch the two ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie tray. Using a basting brush lightly spread the egg wash over the bagel then sprinkle rosemary or with seasoning of choice. Bake 15-18 min until golden brown. I like to broil (500 degrees) them at the very end last 1-2 min to get them a little crispy.
- You can store these bagels in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week or you can also freeze them. You can slice them and toast them in the toaster to reheat.
Servings: Makes 4 bagels for 3 Smart Points each.