- 1 Tbsp land o lakes light butter made with canola oil or light butter
- 1 pound cooked and shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen baby peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp fat free half and half
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Ingredients for Pie Crust Top:
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup gold medal self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes then add flour to make roux.
- Reduce heat and shredded cooked chicken, stirring, until vegetables are well blended. Stir in broth; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes. Add peas, corn, half and half, rosemary, salt and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, and vegetables are just tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Place the chicken mixture in a lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray 8-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt first, followed by the self-rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 5 turns.
- Roll dough out on parchment paper making the shape of an 8-inch circle and place over pie filling.
- Mix one egg and 1 tbsp water together and brush on top of our crust to help brown the top.
- Cook for 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
Servings: Makes 4 servings. 3 Freestyle SmartPoints® for 1 serving (1/4 of the pie dish)