- 1 cup self-rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 3/4- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- Egg wash (1 tsp water mixed with a beaten egg)
- 1 Tbsp light cheddar cheese ( I use Trader Joes light three cheese blend)
- 1 Tbsp canned jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, add yogurt first, followed by self-rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 20-30 turns.
- Cut the dough into 4 sections. Roll each section of dough into a long rope about 1/2-3/4″ in diameter. Pinch the two ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie tray. Using a basting brush lightly spread the egg wash over the bagel then sprinkle cheese/jalapenos or any toppings of choice. Bake 15-18 min until golden brown.
- These bagels can be stored in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
Servings: Makes 4 bagels / 3 Freestyle SmartPoints® each.