- 15 slices of Hormel black label bacon (precooked bacon from Sam’s club) crumbled and broken into pieces or you can use 10 center cut slices of cooked bacon for the same point value
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 torn up leaves of fresh basil (optional, this is what I used or you can use 1/4 cup of any veggies of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded light cheddar cheese (I use Trader Joe’s light 3 cheese blend)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet cook onions until transparent.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add cooked onions, other veggies of your choice, salt, unsweetened almond milk, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in bacon pieces and cheese.
3. Spoon mixture in 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes
Servings:Makes 12 egg bites / 1 Freestyle smartpoint each
Freeze or refrigerator in a air tight container. To reheat, place each muffing in microwave on high 30-60 seconds.