- 1/2 cup self-rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 1/2 cup Plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- Egg wash (1 tsp water mixed with a beaten egg)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, add yogurt first, and self rising flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. It will be crumbly at first which is totally normal.
- Flour your hands and work surface and begin kneading. I knead my dough in the bowl because its less messy. Knead until you can easily form a ball, about 10 turns.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie tray. Using a basting brush lightly spread the egg wash over the dough. Bake 15-18 min until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and cut a hole at the top of the bread bowl and scoop out the inside of the bread bowl.
Servings: Makes 1 bread bowl for 5 Freestyle SmartPoints®
Serve with my zero point chili, fresh cilantro and 1 Tbsp nonfat sour cream.