These mini Almond Joy donuts are gluten free, and have over 5 grams of protein per donut. They make for a great low point, low calorie dessert.
- 1 scoop Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake protein powder (or one sample packet) or you can use 1/4 cup of another protein powder that is specifically made for baking
- 1 Devotion flex flavors of coconut biscotti or 1/2 tsp coconut extract
You can get a 10% discount off your order today by using the promo code PD10
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup warm or hot water
- 1 Tbsp @pillsbury sugar free chocolate frosting (melted)
- 1 Tbsp sweetened coconut (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased silicone mini donut pan.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Place 1 Tbsp sugar free frosting in a microwaveable bowl for 15 seconds to melt the frosting and then spread evenly on top of donuts.
- Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray and add sweetened coconut flakes. Toast coconut flakes on low and continue storing until coconut flakes are toasted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle evenly on top of frosted donuts.
Servings: Makes 5 mini donuts/ 1 Freestyle Smartpoint EACH.
*Points may vary if you use another brand of protein powder
(I made a batch with cold water and one with warm or hot water and I found that the batter with the warm or hot water had a smooth texture when I poured them into a lightly greased donut pan.)