- 2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken tenders or breasts ( cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 4 Tbsp teriyaki sauce ( I use Trader Joe’s called Soyaki Sauce)
- 10 mushrooms (sliced into pieces)
- 1 red pepper (cut and deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut and deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet onion (sliced into quarters and into pieces)
- 10 wooden or metal skewers
- In a mixing bowl add teriyaki sauce. Place chicken pieces into bowl and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers ( if you are using wooden ones) in water for about 30 minutes before use.( to ensure they don’t burn on grill)
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Place pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of peppers, onion, and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally until they are brown on all sides, and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Servings: Makes 10 skewers/ 3 skewers for 1 point
Note: Since 1/2 of the marinate gets discarded I counted 2 Tbsp for the entire batch of skewers. Feel free to adjust the points accordingly.