- 1 package (12oz) Trader Joe’s Cauliflower gnocchi or any gnocchi ( points will vary depending on the brand you use)
- 1 Tbsp Land O’Lakes light butter made with canola oil or any light butter
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, spray with non stick cooking spray (I love Trader Joe’s canola oil spray). Add gnocchi and sauté until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In another skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic to butter sauté until garlic is incorporated.
- Add flour to butter and whisk to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds and slowly add in skim milk. Cook and stir occasionally until sauce has thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir chopped spinach into sauce and cook for another 5 minutes more until spinach has wilted and sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese. Stir sauce until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over sautéed cauliflower gnocchi and stir until sauce is incorporated with cauliflower gnocchi.
Servings: Makes 3 (1 cup) servings /6 Freestyle smart points per serving