- 1 lb beef skirt steak or flank steak
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (divided)
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 red pepper (thinly sliced, deseeded)
- 1/2 orange pepper (thinly sliced and deseeded)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (thinly sliced and deseeded)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 5 green onions (diced, reserve the green parts for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend or sukrin gold
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 5 green ends of the green onions
- In a mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- Slice steak into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large zip lock bag sprinkle put 1 Tbsp cornstarch and steak slices into zip lock bag and close shut, and toss to coat all pieces with cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add steak. Cook until steak is slightly pink. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, combine peppers, mushrooms and onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add garlic and ginger. Add then put steak back into pan.
- Turn heat to high and add sauce.
- Whisk 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp hot water. Once combined add to skillet. Cook until sauce comes to a boil to help thicken the sauce.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Servings: Makes 8 (1 1/4 cup) servings / 4 Freestyle smart points per serving