What’s not to love about a Monte Cristo Sandwich?! And the creaminess of the Gouda cheese really takes it to the next level.
- 2 slices white (low point) sandwich bread (I use 647 bread. This bread is amazingly delicious and only 1 point per slice. It has 6 net carbs, 40 calories and 7 grams fiber) You can use promo code Dropper and save 25% on your bread order by clinking here.)
- 2 oz deli ham (or turkey) ( I use Oscar Mayer smoked turkey)
- 1/2 oz grated gouda or gruyere cheese
- 1 tsp light mayo (divided) ( I use Best Foods light mayonnaise)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons skim or unsweetened almond milk
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp land or lakes light butter or any light butter
- Cut the bread crusts off each slice of bread.
- Spread 1/2 tsp light mayo on the inside of each slice of bread Add layer of cheese and a layer of ham on top of the mayo.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg, milk, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Dip the sandwich in egg mixture. Be sure to coat both sides.
- In a skillet add 1/2 Tbsp light butter and on place sandwich in top of melted butter and cook on medium heat. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and flip it over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Servings: Makes one Monte Cristo Sandwich for 5 Freestyle smart points