A kickin’ flare to one of the most popular comfort foods. Mac n’ cheese meets pepper jack!
- 8 oz elbow noodles ( I use barilla plus elbows)
- 4 laughing cow pepper jack cheese wedges
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter or any light butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 (2 cups) skinless, boneless chicken tenders (diced)
- Dash of red pepper flakes seasoning
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as directed on back of the packaging. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a skillet pan with non stick cooking spray, place chicken tenders in pan and sprinkle a dash of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper on the chicken tenders. Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until chicken is no longer translucent inside. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for a minute or so. Add the milk and stir or whisk until well combined. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thicken.
- Stir in pepper jack cheese wedges until they have completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, place noodles in bowl -Pour cheese sauce over cooked noodles and stir until sauce has been incorporated with noodles.
- Fold in cooked diced chicken tenders.
Servings: Makes 5 (1 heaping cup) servings / 6 Freestyle smart points per serving
If the sauce needs thinning, feel free to add a 2-4 Tbsp more of skim milk to thin it out to your preferred consistency.