What makes a delicious lemon bar?! For me it’s the buttery crust combined with the refreshing taste of lemon.
The key to making these over the top delicious is the combination of adding lemon extract with fresh lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup Land O’ Lakes light butter made canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking sugar substitute (Stevia or Splenda)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup baking sugar substitute (Stevia, Splenda)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice ( 3-4 large lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, vanilla extract, 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar substitute ( I use baking Splenda) with pastry cutter or fork.
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. ( I use Trader Joe’s canola oil spray)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in oven, or until golden.
- For the filling, whisk together 1 1/2 cup sugar substitute. ( I use baking splenda) and 1/4 cup flour.
- Crack 4 eggs into a separate bowl, then whisk them into the sugar and flour mixture. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 tsp lemon extract.
- Pour over the baked crust. Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes (not covered)
- Allow bars to cool in fridge for at least 30 minutes then dust with swerve confectioners sugar.
Servings: Makes 12 lemon bars/ 3 Freestyle smart points per serving