Looking for a great summer salad to take to those family BBQ’s or gatherings?! Here is one I definitely recommend!
It’s a version of @just_cook_fire_and_food_ Fiesta Corn Salad. I saw his video on his Instagram/Facebook page and I knew I needed to make it.
The combination of the corn, chili seasoning, lime juice along with the creaminess of the yogurt really makes this salad delicious. Here is my version of the salad.
- 3 cups frozen corn (thawed) or fire roasted frozen corn kernels ( I used frozen sweet corn since I had it already in my freezer).
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced.
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 tsp chili powder.
- dash salt/pepper
- lime juice from 1 lime.
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 2 oz of diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- In a large mixing bowl combine thawed corn, drained black beans, diced red peppers. Mix together.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Fold in the non fat Greek or plain yogurt until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve add avocado & pepper jack cheese on top.
Servings: Makes 5 (1 cup) servings / 1 Freestyle smart point per serving