- 9 extra large cocktail shrimp (I use frozen pre-peeled and cooked, and I thaw them out and remove tails)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Dak’s Cajun voodoo seasoning or any Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 corn tortillas( I use thin mission corn tortillas )
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1/3 cup non fat plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp light mayo ( I use Best Foods)
- 1 slice of lime juice, squeeze
- 1/2 tsp Daks Cajun Voodoo seasoning or any Cajun seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow plate mix together the panko bread crumbs, Cajun voodoo seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
In another small bowl add eggs. Beat eggs with wire whisk until combined.
Dip shrimp (thawed, no tail on) into egg mixture. Then coat shrimp in panko mixture
Places the coated shrimp onto a lined with parchment paper baking sheet
Bake in the oven for about 15-30 minutes or until they are golden.
Or you can cook them in an air fryer at 390 degrees for 6-9 minutes (checking them half way in between) I use this Simple Living air fryer.
In a small bowl, whisk non fat yogurt, light mayo, lime juice and Cajun seasoning all together. Season with salt and pepper.
Spray the front and back of each corn tortilla and cook on a lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat for the remaining corn tortillas.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp in half of the sauce.
To make tacos add 3 shrimp, cabbage, cilantro and squeeze of lime juice. Drizzle remaining sauce on top.
Note: You can add your favorite salsa on top. I love them with my zero point mango salsa.
Servings: Makes 3 Tacos/ 1 Taco for 2 Freestyle smart points or 2 for 5 Freestyle smart points