If you have been following me for a while, you probably know that I have a love for everything lemon and how refreshing the taste of lemons are.
Tonight, I made the most delicious lemon pepper chicken fettuccine that is a definite winner.
The combination of the cream sauce, lemon zest and a little pepper makes this pasta incredibly delicious! And for only 5 Freestyle smart points per servings, you just can’t go wrong!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 10 ounces Carba Nada lemon pepper Fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter or any light butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper ( I use Daks lemonpep)
- In a skillet sprayed with non stick cooking, add boneless skinless tenders. Sprinkle chicken tenders with Daks lemon pepper seasoning and cook on medium until chicken is no longer pink or transparent inside.
- Right before taking chicken off the skillet, squeeze 1 tsp fresh lemon juice over cooked chicken. ( set chicken aside)
- In a large pot cook Carba Nada fettuccine according to the directions on the bag.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking water. (set aside)
- In a skillet melt light butter over medium heat.
- Add shallot and dash of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is lightly golden.
- Whisk skim milk, egg yolk and lemon zest and a dash of Daks lemon pep seasoning in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream mixture and Parmesan cheese to skillet.
- Cook, whisking until lightly thickened.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss, add some of the remaining cooking water to the sauce if needed. (This helps to thin the sauce out.)
- Slice or dice cooked chicken tenders and serve on top of Fettuccine.
Servings: Makes 5 (1 1/2 cup) servings/ 5 Freestyle smart points per serving