There’s not much like a warm blueberry crisp over cold delicious ice cream.
I definitely recommend enjoying this over over a bowl of your favorite low calorie ice cream.
My favorite combo is 1/ 2 cup of cinnamon roll or oatmeal cookie Halo Top ice cream over one serving of this warm blueberry crisp.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries ( I use frozen no sugar added blueberries)
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend or any brown sugar substitute (Sukrin Gold)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 2 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter (made with canola oil) or any light butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8-inch square pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place blueberries in a pan and mix cornstarch with blueberries until blueberries are evenly coated.
- In medium bowl, add flour, oats, brown sugar blend, cinnamon and mix well. Using a fork cut the butter into flour mixture making sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sprinkle mixture over blueberries.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown and blueberries are tender.
Servings: Makes 6 servings / 3 Freestyle smart points per serving