This Shrimp and Peas Fettuccine Alfredo is only 5 Freestyle smart points per serving. And it’s made with low carb, low calorie Carba-Nada Fettuccine. ( I buy these Carba-Nada Noodles in a 6-pack on Amazon—->here.)
Which means you only pay less than $4.00 for a 10oz package- Amazing-and so worth it. You can have 1 1/2 cups plain for 3 Freestyle smart points.
- 10 oz dry Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Fettuccine (or any low point fettuccine)
- 12 oz frozen shrimp, thawed, pre-peeled, cooked, with tails removed
- 2 Tbsp Land o Lakes light butter or any light butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour ( I use gold medal)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed (optional)
- dash of salt and pepper
- Cook the Fettuccine using the directions on the back of the package.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and garlic until it makes a roux. Gradually whisk in milk until it boils and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, and stir until it’s to the right consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more skim milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add thawed, cooked shrimp and peas. Stir to combine with Alfredo sauce. Cook on low for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl add cooked Fettuccine. Slowly add the Alfredo sauce while tossing the pasta quickly to prevent it from clumping.
Servings: Makes 6 (1 1/2 cup) servings/ 5 Freestyle smart points per serving.
You can substitute the carb-nada Fettuccine with regular Fettuccine. Please keep in mind the points may vary based off the brand of ingredients used.
(The picture is the full recipe on is pictured on a large serving platter.)