- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning or 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 “Oven Ready” lasagna noodles ( I use American Beauty brand)
- 3 cups zero point marinara sauce. *see below for recipe or you can use store bought marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 5 oz light mozzarella ( I use Trader Joe’s lite mozzarella)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning ( I use Daks salt-free Italian Blast)
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek or plain yogurt
- In a crockpot pot add chicken breasts, bullion cube and water. Cook on low for 4 hours or until fully cooked. Shred chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, chicken, softened cream cheese, egg, Greek yogurt, Italian Seasoning, and 3 oz of the light mozzarella. Mix well.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with chicken mixture; top with 3 lasagna noodles. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining sauce, 2 oz of life mozzarella cheese and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Cook uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
Servings: Makes 6 servings / 6 Freestyle smart points per serving
Points can vary depending on the brand of ingredients used. The point value given is based off the recipe.
Zero Point Marinara:
- 2 (14oz) can of Hunts 100% Natural no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp basil (you can also use 3 -4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp minced dried onions or diced fresh onion
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Cup cold water
- Pour canned tomatoes into a blender or food processor, blend for about 30 seconds until pureed and place in a sauce pan.
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves
- Add the garlic, minced dried onion, basil, oregano, parsley and kosher salt to the blended tomatoes
- Add 1 cup water and stir the sauce on medium heat for ten minutes.
- Use on Spaghetti squash, pizza and more.
Zero Point Marinara Servings: Makes 4 (1 cup) servings/ 0 points per serving