These Vanilla Cornbread Muffins are absolutely delicious. They are great as a side dish ( like with my zero point chili) or for breakfast.
These cornbread muffins are dense ( just like a cornbread should be) but I added a box of instant vanilla pudding to them which makes them flavorful and sweet. A must try!
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute ( I use Splenda)
- 1 (1oz ) box of dry instant sugar free vanilla pudding
- 2 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 muffin tin, with 12 foil muffin liners
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar substitute, and pudding mix. Mix well.
- Stir in softened butter and extract until crumbly for about 1 min.
- Stir in unsweetened almond milk until moistened
*Do not over mix*
5. Scoop into 12 muffin liners.
6. Cook for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: Makes 12 regular sized Muffins / 2 Freestyle smart points per muffin.
Tips: I sprayed the top of the cooled muffins with •I can’t believe it’s not butter spray•