- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or Sukrin Gold
- 2 Tbsp sugar substitute ( I use Splenda)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 4 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 muffin tin with foil muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl using a whisk beat egg, egg white, unsweetened apple sauce, sugar substitute, brown sugar blend, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until all dry ingredients is incorporated.
- Do not over mix.
- Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until center comes out clean when poking a knife or toothpick through the muffins.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, about 10 minutes.
Servings: Makes 12 Muffins / 2 Freestyle smart points per muffin.
Tip: I spray the tops of the muffins with “I can’t believe it’s not butter” after they have cooled.