- 10 oz. uncooked pasta shells ( I use Barilla White Fiber)
- 12 oz. 93% fat free ground turkey (I use Butterball ground turkey) or you can use 99% fat free ground turkey*
- 1 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter or any light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup beef stock (less or more depending on consistency)
- 4 oz light mozzarella (I use Trader Joe’s lite mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to the directions on package. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter, and sauté garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook until ground turkey is throughly cooked.
- Stir in the softened light cream cheese until melted. Add beef stock and stir until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add cooked pasta and fold in mozzarella cheese, and stir until cheese has completely melted.
Servings: Makes 6 (1 1/4 cup) servings/ 8 Freestyle smart points.
Note: *If you substitute 99% fat free ground turkey and the points would be 7 Freestyle smart points per serving.
The point values may vary based on the brand of ingredients used.