Looking for a fun 4th of July dessert?! This Patriotic Poke Cake is a great choice.
A delicious yellow cake filled with vanilla pudding, makes this cake delicious and super moist. You just can’t go wrong.
- 1 box Pillsbury sugar-free yellow cake mix.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 small (1oz) package of sugar-free vanilla flavor pudding mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 oz fat-free or lite cool whip
- fruit of your choice ( strawberries, blueberries, raspberries ect.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, unsweetened apple sauce, eggs, extract and water.
Pour batter into a lightly sprayed with cooking spray, 9×11 pan.
- Cook for 22 minutes and then let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine pudding mix and skim milk. Whisk together until it thickens.
- Using the end of a mixing spoon, poke the cake with holes through the entire cake. Pour pudding mixture onto cake, and spread evenly across cake.
- Refrigerator for 2 hours and then add cool whip and make a fruit design in the shape of an American flag 🇺🇸 using blueberries and strawberries/raspberries.
Servings: Makes 18 servings/ 4 Freestyle SmartPoints® per serving.