- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts ( I use the thinly sliced chicken breasts)
- 24 Turkey Pepperoni slices ( I use Great Value)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasonings ( I use Daks’ Italian Blast)
- 1 large egg
- 4 laughing cow cheese wedges ( I use pepper jack)
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce ( I use my zero point marinara)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, combine panko breadcrumbs, turkey pepperoni, grated Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings. Blend until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Pour breadcrumb mixture into a shallow plate. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg until smooth.
- Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- If you are NOT using the thinly sliced chicken breasts, use a knife to slice each chicken breast vertically.
- Spread one cheese wedge on each chicken breast.
- Roll up each chicken breasts, from the short side and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Coat all 4 chicken breasts in egg mixture and then immediately into breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a 9×11 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. And spread marinara sauce on bottom of baking dish. Place chicken breast roll-ups, seam side down, on top of marinara sauce.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes or until chicken breasts are completely cooked through.
- Take out of oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. You can also add more marinara sauce on top.
Servings: Makes 4 servings/ 4 Freestyle smart points per serving
Notes: points may vary based on the brand of ingredients used.