- 3 medium sliced and cored apples
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Sukrin Gold or Splenda Brown Sugar blend ( I use Sukrin Gold)
Note: If you use Splenda Brown Sugar blend the points would be 2 Freestyle smart points each wonton instead of 1.
- 1 tsp water mixed with 1 tsp cornstarch
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon +1 Tbsp Sugar Substitute ( I use Splenda)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Free smucker’s caramel sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel, core and slice apples.
- In a size pan, melt butter and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in apples, brown sugar substitute & water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and water.
- Pour into pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are soft. Let it bubble 40 seconds. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar substitute.
- Spray one side of wonton with non stick cooking and then dip the side with non stick cooking spray into cinnamon and sugar substitute.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Line each muffin tin with a wonton, placing the side with the cinnamon/sugar facing up.
- Cook wonton wrappers by themselves for 5 minutes.
- Take wrappers out of oven and using a spoon, full each wonton with apple filling.
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt caramel syrup and drizzle evenly over each cooled wonton.
Servings: Makes 12 apple pie wontons/ 1 Freestyle smart points per wonton
Notes: I sprinkled swerve confectioners sugar substitute over the top of each wonton