- 12 skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika ( I use Dak’s original red salt-free seasoning)
- Dash of pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Dash of lemon extract or lemon juice
- Please lemon juice and chicken tenders in a ziplock bag or Tupperware and marinate overnight. In the morning, drain chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a ziplock bag, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Shake well to mix.
- Place a few tenders at a time into bag and coat chicken evenly with flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet pan. Fry chicken tenders on both sides until nice and brown. (I used 1 Tbsp vegetable oil per 6 tenders) cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken tenders in a single layer.
- Sprinkle lemon zest on top of tenders.
- Mix chicken stock and lemon extract or juice and pour over tenders.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Servings: Makes 12 tenders/ 4 tenders for 5 Freestyle smart points
The easiest way to get most juice out of a lemon is to heat lemon in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl for about 1 min. Then squeeze the juice from the hole that was made by the escaping steam.