- 1 cup whole grain buttermilk Kodiak pancake mix
- 1/4 cup of any flavor protein powder ( I recommend using Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake but you could use any protein powder or you can add additional 1/4 cup kodiak pancake mix if you prefer in place of the protein powder.
- 1/4 cup peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cup water ( give or take depending on the batter consistency)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp for topping
- 3 Tbsp. Stevia/Splenda or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Pillsbury sugar free vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a full size muffin tin with 12 foil liners.
- In a medium bowl add egg, water, extract, and stevia or sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine protein powder, kodiak pancake mix, pumpkin spice,cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet slowly as you stir. Stir just until combined. Then fold in shredded carrots.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour into muffin *foiled liners ( or spray the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Topping: Melt 2 Tbsp sugar free Pillsbury vanilla frosting in microwave bowl and evenly drizzle over all 12 cupcakes. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of each cupcake.
- Store in an airtight container.
Servings: Makes 12 full size cupcakes / 1 Freestyle SmartPoints® per muffin.