- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Land o’ Lakes light butter made with Canola oil
- 2 cups cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (16oz) packages of frozen corn
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 4 slices precooked Hormel black label bacon or cooked center cut bacon slices, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional topping: green onion and light cheddar cheese.
- In a large cooking pot, sauté onions, celery in butter until onions are clear.
- Add potatoes and corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes at tender. Mash potatoes slightly and stir in cooked chicken.
- Stir in the half and half and skim milk & let it come to a boil and then cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in cooked, crumbled bacon pieces
Servings: Makes 5 ( 1 1/2 cups) servings/ 4 Freestyle smart points per serving
Cheese or any other toppings are additional points