- 1/2 cup fat free Italian salad dressing ( I use light Olive Garden Italian dressing)
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tsp dry Italian dressing seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices (1 oz. pieces)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze (I use Trader Joe’s)
- fresh torn basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and dry Italian dressing seasoning. Place chicken in bag, zip the plastic and turn the bag over to coat. Marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
3. Place chicken breasts on a lined with parchment paper baking sheet. Place in oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Take chicken out of oven & put 1oz. mozzarella on each piece of chicken and cook for 5 additional minutes. Take out of the oven and let the chicken cool for a few minutes.
4. Sprinkle on diced tomatoes and pieces of fresh basil. And then drizzle balsamic glaze over the tops of each chicken breast.
Servings: Makes 4 servings. 4 Freestyle Smartpoints per serving.